COVID-19 Emergency fund tenants Urban Resort
For the ± 75 incubators in the Amsterdam metropolitan region, a total of budget of €300,000 grant available. Last week Urban Resort received a subsidy request to the Bureau to get into the results for support to its breeding grounds and tenants. Urban Resort has received emergency support twice before and we think we can count now too. In the last week of January we will hear of our application being granted. can we also start a 4th round of the Emergency Fund of Urban Resort!
There have already been three rounds in which we can help about 100 tenants by canceling an average of 1 to 3 months rent arrears. Other tenants can provide support by drawing up generous repayment arrangements for payment arrears.
Fourth round – respond before 15 January 2022
Do you want to be eligible for the Urban Resort emergency fund? Please send a motivated application with the appropriate application form. You must substantiate why you have encountered financial difficulties as a result of Corona and why you are requesting compensation for part of the payment arrears.
In addition, you must send an estimate of costs and income for the past and also for the upcoming period, relating to 1 July to 31 December 2021. You can fill this in on the application form that can be downloaded here.
Download here the Aanvraagformulier_Noodfonds_UR_05-12-2021
The fund is not expected to be sufficient to fully honor all applications. It is assumed that only the worst affected tenants can qualify for an allowance of a maximum of 1 a? 2 months rent arrears. Exceptions are not taken into account here. For the remaining part of the payment arrears you must make or have already made a payment arrangement with Urban Resort.
It is clear that the pandemic will eventually affect all tenants in one way or another. But we want to use the emergency fund to support those tenants who otherwise might not be able to keep their heads above water and who are forced to give up their space.
Urban Resort has drawn up criteria and an explanation for submitting an application for the emergency fund. The tenants’ committee acted as a sounding board for this. This includes the way of applying, the processing and the assessment of applications. For the latter, we have drawn up a number of criteria that will help to make decisions quickly and can also serve as accountability to the tenants, the UR board and the municipality of Amsterdam.
Because the municipality will only decide on Urban Resort’s subsidy request at the beginning of January 2022, applicants will only hear from Urban Resort then whether their application will be granted.
- -> Tenant has a need to call on the emergency fund.
- -> The tenant can demonstrably not repay the payment arrears (period 14 March to 31 december) via a long payment arrangement.
-> The tenant has taken out a loan to be able to resolve payment arrears, but can demonstrably no longer pay off the loan.
- -> The tenant belongs to the sectors that have been hit hard by the Corona crisis (performing arts, events, dependence on the public, self-employed in the arts without a buffer, part-time job in the affected sector, or otherwise but demonstrably).
- -> Tenants who rent housing accommodation and who are in danger of losing outweigh tenants who apply for work space.
- -> CAWA tenants weigh more heavily than non-CAWA tenants.
- -> Tenants who do not qualify for other emergency funds (eg people with a wrong SBI code or non-Dutch tenants) weigh more heavily than tenants who do qualify for this.
- -> The tenant has already concluded a payment arrangement with UR, or will enter into a payment arrangement for his / her remaining payment arrears.
- -> Tenants without a payment arrangement, but who are still in trouble, are included in the procedure if they need to do so.
- -> The activities / involvement of the tenant benefits the community of the broedplaats and / or the neighborhood.
- ->Tenant remains until the end time of her current agreement with rental agreement
- -> Tenants who are forced by Covid to give up their space can still submit an application to the emergency fund on the basis of a motivated application.
Shortly after the tenant has submitted an application, we will send a confirmation. We will therefore inform the tenant whether the application is complete or whether an addition is required. Applications are handled by Urban Resort employees. The Urban Resort Tenants Committee provides advice where necessary treatment request
The applications are handled by Urban Resort employees in collaboration with representatives of the Tenants’ Committee from Urban Resort.
03-12-2021 -> Requests from now on
15-01-2022 -> Deadline for submitting questions
15-02-2022 -> Result announced (expected)
If the tenant does not agree with the state of affairs with regard to his/her application to the emergency fund, he/she can turn to the objections committee consisting of a member of the tenants’ committee, an external (independent) member and someone from Urban resort.
For more information, you can send an email to email@example.com